Sunday, February 20, 2011

What's Your Word?

I started this at 4:30 and went back to bed before it was written. It is now 7 am!

************************************************************************************
Jeanniehopes asked me what my word for the year was. I of course did not know what she was talking about. I said, "last year? Is sucky a word?"

This year? I thought for a moment and thought about what God placed on my heart. I had talked to my friend, DB, and shared an email. The email was about scripture for the year. She said she had prayed and God placed her scripture on her heart. I've never done that. So I prayed and one word came to mind. REST.

I thought my scripture would be about judgment or disappointment. Maybe even money. But REST?

I googled it and this is what I came up with, Matthew 11:28:

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest

Then I went back and looked at the verses before and after that. My scripture for 2011 is Matthew 11:25-30

At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.
“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


Another kept "popping" up also. It's Psalm 46:10, Be still, and know that I am God;

My words are STILL AND REST.

Which leads me to why I am writing this. All of the devotions this week were right on target with my heart. God was not placing judgment or anger on my heart. The topics and words that appeared in the devotions were BALANCE, ABUNDANCE, CALM, PEACEFUL and UNCOMPLICATED.

That goes right along with the book I am reading. It's called Simple Life. I didn't ask for this book. DB just put it in my mailbox. But I so crave the simple life.

This week was a blessing that I was sick. I slowed down. I rested. I didn't do much devotional time or bible reading but I feel renewed and ready to start the day and week. I have a new attitude and an open heart.

I am RESTED.

1 comment:

  1. Rested. Wow. That's a good thing for you. You've been GOING as long as I've been reading you!

    I originally picked Identity for January only, but it's definitely going to become the word for the year. Who I am. Especially who I am in Christ.

    ReplyDelete