Friday, February 11, 2011

What's God's Plan For You?

God knows me. He knows everything about me. This was in my inbox yesterday but I didn't read it until right now. His timing is never late. When I am discouraged, He lifts me up.

In the last few days of jagged chaos in our lives, I rest assured that His plan is shining through the dark clouds. He isn't surprised by anything that is going on. He is getting all of the glory.


Today's Truth


"Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be" (Psalm 139:16)

Written by Mary Sotherland
"What does fit is God's plan. In Psalm 23:3, David writes, "He leads me in paths of righteousness." In this verse "righteousness" simply means "right things." The Shepherd has a plan for His sheep. Unfortunately, so does everyone else. The difference is that God's plan is filled with the "right things" He shaped and created us to do while the agendas of others tend to service their own purposes instead of God's. God empowers His plan, but when we step into our own agenda or a plan created by anyone else, we are stepping into and relying upon our frail, limited strength. Soon, we will be empty and stress will flood in, filling the emptiness with anxiety and tension. Don't waste another day just doing the "next" thing. Take a long, hard look at your work, your job, and your agenda to make sure you are in the right place - doing what you were created to do in this world."



Let's Pray

Father, I want to follow Your plan for my life. Help me to walk in daily obedience so that Your unique and perfect plan for my life will naturally unfold before me. And when I am discouraged or stressed because of the work I am doing, give me Your peace and the assurance that I am in the right spot doing the right things You created me to do.
In Jesus' name, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment