Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Becoming the Woman of His Dreams

From Sharon Jaynes

There are so many good books out there to read. I never read fiction. I did read The Shack a few years ago.

Here is a little of what you will find in Sharon's book:

Twenty-five Things Never Say to Your Spouse

I told you so.
You’re just like your father.
You never help me around the house.
You never listen to me.
You’re always in a bad mood.
You’re always_______.
You never ________.
You just don’t think.
It’s all your fault.
You should have listened to me.
What’s wrong with you?
I wish you were more like _______.
All you ever do is complain.
I can never please you.
What did you expect?
You got what you deserve.
You’re lazy.
If you’d have more ambition, you’d get somewhere in life.
You’re irresponsible.
You’re impossible.
What were you thinking?
I don’t know why I put up with you.
I don’t know how much more of this I can take.
God help you, I sure can’t.
I can talk to you until I’m blue in the face and it doesn’t do any good.
You don’t own me.
*Don’t yell at each other unless the house is on fire.

Twenty-five Things Your Husband Longs to Hear

I’m so proud of you.
If I had to do it all over again, I’d marry you.
I missed you today.
I’ve been thinking about you all day.
I’m so lucky to have married a man like you.
What can I do for you today?
How can I pray for you today?
You are so strong.
Thank you for working so hard for our family.
Other men could learn a lot about______ from you.
The best part of my day is when you come home.
You are one of God’s most precious gifts to me.
Great job!
Thank you.
I’m sorry.
You are wonderful.
That was really great.
You’re so smart.
You look so handsome in that shirt.
You make my day bright.
Thank you for being my husband.
I don’t feel complete without you.
I appreciate all you’ve done for me this week.
I’m so glad I married you.
You are my best friend.

Why not try this? What can it hurt?

Dear Heavenly Father,
I pray for my marriage today. I pray that you will make me into the woman that You intended all along. Help me to see my husband through your eyes today -as a chosen, dearly loved, child of God.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen.
(From the Girlfriends in God Newsletter)

No comments:

Post a Comment