Friday, January 28, 2011

My (Our) Get-Away

It appears that I was alone but really my love came along too.




Paradise Island (from a distance because we didn't pay to go on the private beach.)



Each day they had a drink special. Each one had either coconut or apricot or some kind of fruity something in it. I had a few glasses of wine and a few strawberry daiquiris, over the four days. On the last day, I saw on the menu that they had a banana daiquiri. I am glad that I didn't notice that until the very end of the trip!



The hot tub was HOT!



We went to a local "strip" of tiny "restaurants" called Da Fish Fry. We had Conch Fritters, Yellow Snapper, rice and beans and plantains. It was the best food we had the entire week!




I read every day on the Serenity Deck. The view was always amazing.






You can see the Atlantis Hotel from a distance. We visited it but we were not impressed.



Fishing in Freeport, Bahamas, was lots of fun. I caught a Yellow Snapper and a Grunt. It was windy and rocky. I didn't get see-sick but I did get sunburned.







We got to the Orlando airport at 10am anticipating a 1:30 flight. We didn't let the 3.5 hour delay get us down. We played Sequence, ate at the Outback, read and talked. I played cards with a four-year-old and visited all of the airport shops. Then we got on the plane at 5 pm. We were home by 9 pm. It's nice to get away but it's always nicer to get home.

We are now counting down until Carnival Alaska...only 150 days to go!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it looked amazing!!!! I love plantains yum! Way to go with your catch, hope you got some rest.

    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Looks like an amazing trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you getting away! I'll bet you and hubby had some nice couple time--so often we forget how much we need that in a marriage!

    ReplyDelete