Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's Just Stuff




I just wanted to add this.

It is now 6:40. We tried to install the new door but the entire frame has to be replaced so my love will be spending his Sunday doing that while I celebrate Dad's birthday with the rest of the family. We talked about how we felt this morning. We both agreed that we don't feel like this was a robbery. We are calling it a break-in. They did not "steal" from us. We still have our security. We still have our peace. We still have our joy. And I have a strong faith in the LORD as He has given me all of those gifts. It is a little bit colder in the house (62 degrees instead of 65, brrr). So I am having a cup of hot cider and then going to bed.



**********************************************************************************

Father,
I pray this morning for the person who broke into our home yesterday. I am very sad for them, Lord. They must be in a low, low place in their life to do such a thing. I pray for their soul that they turn from their wicked ways and look to you for help in their desperate life. In Jesus name, Amen.


The only thing they took was my jewelry box which was not valuable. It was something that you would find at AC Moore. It was cardboard-like. I honestly couldn't describe it other than to say I think it was black and yellow with sunflowers on it. Dad and Mom gave it to me one Christmas. Inside I had shells from Mexico, Disney pins, cheap Claire's boutique earrings. Stuff. And my silver pendant.

I took the pendant off in September.

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.
1 Peter 3:3


Last week, I thought about putting it back on but decided not to. I think it was maybe a couple of hundred bucks, maybe. Amanda's bracelet was also in there. It was a tiny child's bracelet, gold, that my mother-in-law wore as a child.

Then this morning I thought about the green necklace jeanniehopes gave me. And of course, the bracelet from Ray. That made me incredible sad.

None of these things were of anything but sentimental value. The thieves are very disappointed that they broke in to our house. Everything can be replaced if I wish to, except Mom's bracelet.

I am not angry. I'm not feeling violated. I am grateful that no one was here. I am just heartbroken by what sin can do and will do.

I am incredibly sad for the individuals.

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100

3 comments:

  1. This is so sad to me, just sad. Keep an eye out in pawn shops, maybe it will turn up. Small thefts like that are generally addicts looking for things that sell easily & don't raise red flags. I'm sorry this happened Theresa. I'm glad you are keeping peace in your heart in spite of it. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry Theresa! And OH SO GLAD no one was home. And sentimental things, while yes, just things, are called sentimental for a reason. I'm sorry you lost some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so sorry, that has to be an awful feeling! Stuff or not somethings cannot be replaced! My love and prayers are with you all! So happy you weren't home and your all safe!
    Hugs...
    Laura

    ReplyDelete