Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Winter Cleaning

It's much like spring cleaning. Yesterday we cleaned all morning and then I went to lunch with a wonderful friend. We talked all afternoon. Then I returned to "clean out" some more. I went through clothes. I went through drawers. I went through stuff and more stuff. I found pictures of Dad with the "baby" (who is now eight). There is a really nice picture of Jeannette, Kayla, Amanda, Daniel, Mom, Dad and Me. I will try to scan it and get it on here. Oh yeah, and I found a $30 gift card from my Christmas party last year. And it doesn't expire until 11/12. Yippee!

In the midst of my cleaning, I also found a book called Marriage: Whose Dream? by Paul David Tripp. This is a little book of only fifteen pages. I am pretty sure I have read this because there were things underlined. But at the end, there is a wonderful prayer that he has written, that I wanted to share with you. I hope you like it:

Lord, it is so easy to get caught up in our own desires and dreams. It's so easy to think of You as the deliverer of our dreams, so easy to be excited like the multitude and lose sight of the spiritual reality behind the miracle. Lord, I pray that we would not just pursue our own hopes and dreams, but that we would express a hunger and thirst for Jesus Christ, and a desire to know his will in every area in our lives. We want Christ to rule in every room in our homes. We want Christ to rule in the darkest recesses of our hearts. We want to live in joyful submission and feed on You by faith. May we have joy, and faith, and courage even when we aren't experiencing physical bread. In those experiences of trial, may we say, "Thank You, Lord, for Your love - You are completing Your saving work." God, help us. In Jesus' name, AMEN.

Habakkuk 3:17-19

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.


Thank you, LORD, for being my Strong Tower.

*************************************************************************************
WOW - Wednesday's Words of Wisdom
When you are down to nothing God is up to something.

1 comment:

  1. Memories and pictures....oh the joy and the pain! Praying that you have a great week, and enjoy that gift card what a find!

    And yes He is your strong tower...love that song!
    Hugs~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete