Friday, December 31, 2010

Today's Inspiration

Each day I try to send encouraging words to a few special women in my life. Some days I struggle to encourage them because I don't feel encouraged. Some days I don't send anything but they are few and far between. But most days the encouragement is simply for ME.

Today is a day of looking back and looking forward. We inventory everything we loved about the year and of course the things we didn't. We talk about how we succeeded in this area and look to other areas to change. We have new goals. We have high hopes. Today is a good day.

Here, we don't "celebrate". We don't stay up to midnight. We don't drink champagne. We clean out closets, drawers and get our lives "in order".

But it remains a special day/night anyway.

Father God,
Thank you for new beginnings but without new beginnings we have to have endings. We may see a door close and an open window. We may see a door close AND a window close. But you always make sure that there is yet another window to open. We may be in the basement but we know that the Son is still shining even when we can't see it. Thank you. Help us to resolve to change us in the new year. Help us remember to point to You and most importantly, help us to know You more. In Jesus name. AMEN


This is the song I chose: All Things New by Steven Curtis Chapman.

This is the song that God chose me to pass on to you: Moving Ahead by Israel Houghton (We saw him perform in Hershey!)

Then I look for the verse, first checking biblegateway. My response is WOW. Go God!

“This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” - Isaiah 43:16, 18-19

So, Happy New Year's Eve. Have fun. Be safe!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that verse! It's such an encouragement to me as a recovering addict!

    Have a blessed New Year Theresa. Happiness comes and goes, but the eternal joy you have will not change regardless of your circumstances.

    ReplyDelete