Friday, December 10, 2010

Not Just a Farm Animal

I just had to add this because I left out a very important part of this message. I just cut and pasted this message from my sweet friend because she was the one who "reminded" me.

Thanks for sharing the part about how the shepherd has to break the sheep's legs and then how he carries the sheep until he heals. Amazing and the perfect example of how much God loves us and the measure He goes to to show us dependence on Him is where we will find true freedom and security. It could never be easy for a shepherd to do that to his sheep - never, it must break his heart. We break God's heart and then all He does is respond in compassionate love towards us - He does what it takes to remind us that He holds us close to His heart. Thanks for the encouragement and the verses. I still think it's funny you think I am funny, maybe it's just because we get each other ;) I love you and can't wait to spend time together soon. Praying for your dad. Love you!!!

"Heal" is the key word that I failed to mention. God will correct us. He will discipline us. BUT HE WILL HEAL US. Thanks D for the insightful comment.
*************************************************************************************
Father God,
Thank you for the bitter cold temperatures. You are the warmth that comforts us. Thank you for the dark morning. You are the Light. Thank you for all of the people who are so kind and supportive. But thank you for the ones who are difficult, as they teach me the true meaning of Jesus' love. It's easy to love a lovable person. No so easy when they are just not nice.
Remind us today that impossible is not a word but a reason for someone not to try. Nothing in our lives is impossible with You Lord. Nothing is too hard for You. Please comfort us all in the areas of our lives that only You can comfort us. In Jesus Name, AMEN.


He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
Isaiah 40:29 NLT


Click on the word: Faith.

My sweet friend and sister-in-Christ gave a beautiful presentation on Sheep last night. Does that sound funny? It was funny. She is a funny person who I wish I spent more time with. We talk every day...through it just email or text. She holds me up with her encouragement most days. (She thinks I am the encourager though, but she's wrong). Anyway...

My first retreat was to Sandy Cove. I believe there were about 700 women. The speaker, (Priscilla...can't think of her last name right now for the life of me... something) spoke about John 10. It was so moving, so powerful. It made me stronger and bolder to share my faith, which isn't always a good thing depending on who you talk to, LOL.

Anyway, one thing she did say that has been the tattoo on my brain ever since is when a sheep strays from the shepherd, sometimes He is forced to break the sheep's legs. The sheep is forced to listen to only the Shepherd's voice. And The Shepherd will then carry the sheep.

God never said it was going to be easy. He did say that He would never leave you. He is there for you!

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep." John 10:14-15

2 comments:

  1. good stuff. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I didn't know that! I love how the Bible has the metaphor of sheep--dumb, stupid, senseless animals. Yup, completely describes us humans!!

    ReplyDelete