Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pressing On - quick update

Thankful Thursday, November 18, 2010
Correction: I said Acts. It's not Acts. It's Philippians:


Philippians 3:14 (New Living Translation)

I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.


**********************************************************************************

“A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength.” (Proverbs 17:22 NLT)

I haven't had a cheerful heart since Sunday. That is when I saw my dad. He looked so sick. I was so sad for my mom who is just sick with worry. The tears filled my eyes as she talked about her fears. My heart has been heavy since. I put on a cheerful face in hopes that my heart will follow but this is the third morning that I have woke not feeling it.

Marvelous Monday was pretty good, but then something happened and I ended up in tears. I thought to myself, "it's been a long time since I cried like this. I guess I am getting stronger in Christ." I put on my happy face and made it through the meeting but was in bed before 8:30 pm.

Yesterday was very tough and I went to bed in tears. My day started at 5:25. I was having a Terrific Tuesday until about 10 am when I got a call from the school nurse.

Amanda was running a fever. She was at the doctors on November 5th. She had been coughing for about a week. She has been on amoxicillin and azithromycin, for the last ten days. Monday night the pediatricians office told me to try zyrtec (but gave her the generic for claritin because Redners didn't carry it). She spiked the fever the next day. So now she is on augmenten. They are horse pills. I am crushing them so she can take them with apple sauce. Her ears are fine. Her throat...fine. Her lungs...fine. But she is coughing and coughing and coughing. Now a fever.

I spent 2 hours and 20 minutes running around yesterday. I returned to the Good Apples eating lunch and just in time to put them down for a nap. Then I went to a meeting. After I picked up Daniel, I went to the hospital to visit Dad.

He has a blood infection called E.Coli, but not intestinal. It's not from eating bad food or touching a cow and putting his hand in his mouth (Jeannette's example, LOL). The doctors are trying to figure out how he got it so they can prevent it from happening. In the mean time, the aneurysm continues to grow. There are actually three of them.

After leaving the hospital, I call home to find out that my love is sick and he is going to skip cub scouts. I remind him that we are the snack parents and I would take Daniel. I swing by Redners to pick up juice boxes and we make it there only minutes late.

So my long day was...long. I went to bed with Satan beating me up. I was having quite the pity party. Then I woke up and it continued.

But it's Wednesday's with Beth on Life Today. I started watching it and right away knew it was a repeat. Not by the subject matter but by Beth's clothes. LOL. I watched it anyway. Heck, I got up at 5:18, I guess God wants me to watch it again.

It was the one about "pressing on". We are in a race. BUT...we need need to be in a chase. When you are in a chase, you are chasing after someone. That someone is Christ Jesus. I need to press on. I need to press on. I need to press on.

Pressing on is not going through the motions. I will read Acts again. And I will read it again. I will read it as many times as I need to in order to press on. I will go back and figure out where the bondage lies. I will break free.

Please pray for Dad but also pray for me. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you feel like being cheerful is a Christian thing to do. Being sad is ok....even Jesus was sad and wept. There's a lot of sad and/or stressful things going on in your life right now and it's ok to feel sad. Worried, no. Sad, yes. and it's very ok to come here and vent about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying and sending my love!

    Yes, we must press on and keep our sights on Jesus! All the while Satan will be hanging around lurking in the shadows and at times coming out to whisper in our ears about our shortcomings and past. When he comes around let him know that you know the end of the story and "he" is the loser! CHRIST and his people will come out on top, for it is written!!!!

    Don’t allow him to rob you of your joy!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reponses from two very wise women. I too have that same type of feeling. But I am somehow encouraged when I hear how Dad is fighting to go home...not that it makes it easier for Mom but it's better then him giving up! I feel like giving up often but refuse and press on. You are strong in your faith and know where to keep your eyes focused. Remember.."God Knows."

    ReplyDelete