Monday, November 29, 2010

Beloved

I read over half of the book yesterday. I think I am on page 90. I have so much to learn.

I got up at 5 am and knelt beside the bed to pray. I never do this. I prayed that God would change me. In the book, the stories were ones I could relate to. I found myself saying, "that's me" or "that's him" or "I've done that."

For many years I've prayed for God to soften my husband's heart and let him see his godly responsibilities in the family.

But the truth is, he is a good husband. He is a good provider. He is a good father.

I think I get lifestyle mixed up with spiritual issues often.

I've made so many mistakes in the last ten years. I want to start over. I want to change. Thank you Lord for loving me despite everything. Thank you for Your amazing grace.

Well the thing I find most amazing
In amazing grace
Is the chance to give it out
Maybe that's what love is all about
Brandon Heath



Father God,
Good morning. Thank you for letting me wake up on this earth another day to learn how to love You more and serve You. Help me to love others the way You love me, unconditionally.
Lord, bless my husband. Use me to make him happy, to meet his needs and to be the completer of his faith. Thank you, Lord, for my husband and for my marriage. Please give me more love for him each day. Help me become the woman that he wants me to be.
In Jesus name. AMEN


Psalm 130:4
But with you there is forgiveness, so that we can, with reverence, serve you.


I hope that others can forgive me and see me as changing.

Brandon Heath has become one of my favorites.

3 comments:

  1. "I think I get lifestyle mixed up with spiritual issues often."

    Insightful observation. This book sounds like a GOOD one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't we all have lots to improve on, thankfully the Lord shows us little bits at a time. If, we saw everything at once I'm pretty sure the glimpse at all our shortcomings/sins would send us over the edge!!! So, we see it in little bits and pieces. Somethings we can fix with little thought or effort BUT then the others Wow, those are the times once again we are reminded why we need a Savior and His great grace!

    Please, don’t be hard on yourself, know it's our sin nature to be this way.....but it's also up to us to be quite an still enough to listen to the Holy spirit and clean up our act. And look your doing just that, just continue to listen for His prompting and seek Him!

    By the way Brandon Heath is Elizabeth's all time favorite, she has all his CD's....he is really good!!!

    Love you my friend you remain in our prayers,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete