Thursday, October 21, 2010

Obstacles

"I desire to do your will, O my God, your law is within my heart."
Psalm 40:8


Breaking Free is beyond words. I wish you could take this with me. There is such a unique group of ladies in the class. There are about fifteen from every season of life.

Tonight we talked about the first three obstacles that keep us captives. There are five. (I have read all of them and have multiple to overcome).

1. The Obstacle of Unbelief
2. The Obstacle of Pride
3. The Obstacle of Idolatry
4. The Obstacle of Prayerlessness
5. The Obstacle of Legalism

Father God,
I do desire to do your will. I want to be free. Please help me move the obstacles in my life. Remove the idols of controlling...schedules and time constraints. Take away my feeling of disappointment. Help me to not judge people. This morning was humbling, actually humiliating. My realization of how "I" work so hard to maintain "MY" integrity. "I" would never cross professional lines. Words that I said this week. You so kindly reminded me I am nothing without you, Lord. You could have slapped me, knocked me to the ground, thrown cold water on my face to wake me up...but you didn't. You placed this study, this lesson in my life, this morning. Thank you, God, for loving me no matter what I do or say. Help me be obedient to your will. Help me keep your law in my heart. In Jesus name, AMEN.



Songs like this capture my heart. Comfort me.


I can't wait to really get in to the "meat" of the study. If this is chapter 3, what do you think is to come?! I look forward to it!

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. Psalm 130:5

No comments:

Post a Comment