Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's Tough Being a Woman



The store shelves are filled with books, magazines, and movies that reinforce a warped world view. They make you unhappy with monogamy and even unhappier with yourself in ways you cannot fix." Beth Moore

I am almost finished my bible study on the book of Esther. It's called Esther: it's tough being a woman. I LOVED it.

However, I have had to be disciplined to do it. I know that it would have been easy for me to say, "this just doesn't work in to my schedule".

This year the time of the class changed from 7 pm to 6 pm. Amanda's dance class changed from 5:30 to 6:30. I see this as a test from God. Much of it was seeking the material on my own. I missed many video sessions. But I did not give up.

There is one more video, this Thursday. As I review emails last night, I notice that Daniel has bowling with the cub scouts which means I have to take Amanda to dance. I will miss the final video. Oh well. God knew I would.

"I have to accept that I was not called to an easy life. I was called to a purposeful life. At strategic times of internal war I stop and ask myself, "What if this is a critical moment? What if this very thing, this very decision, is the most important piece of the puzzle comprising my purpose?" Beth Moore

Each week there has been a different message. The love of woman has been on my heart for a while now. I know that this study was purposely put in my life at this time. It was up to me to be a good disciple and stick with it.

Beth Moore is a wonderful teacher. Actually, wonderful doesn't really describe how much I love doing her studies. If you ever get an opportunity to take one, take it!

Here are some of the thoughts we discussed:

It's tough being a woman in an another woman's shadow.

It's tough being a woman in a world where beauty is a treatment.

It tough being a woman in a mean world.

It's tough begin a woman in the tight fist of fear.

It's tough being a woman who can balance passion with patience.

It's tough being a woman who feels responsible for the "how".


"You cannot amputate your history from the fulfillment of your destiny." - When I am in Jesus, my past is something He takes hold of and makes it into a destiny. That's called redemption! Beth Moore

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful study. Is there anything richer than digging into His Word to learn? It makes my heart full.
    The one about another woman's shadow is a great topic for all wives, in reference to our mothers-in-law. My MIL is a wonderful & loving woman, and we live in the house that she raised my husband in. We had a few *ahem* issues when we moved in here, since T was used to things being done in THIS house a certain way.
    Good stuff Theresa, thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete