Wednesday, April 28, 2010

In a funk

"You open your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing." Psalm 145:16

How am I doing? How much am I relying on God depends on how much I am praying. According to my prayer journal, I haven't prayed since April 13. Now that's not true, of course. But I have not committed to taking the time to be quiet enough to write my prayers out.

My friend and sister-in-Christ/co-worker believes that I am "dry" (I think that was the term) If it wasn't her word, it definitely describes how I feel.

I said I was in a funk. I was struggling to have quiet time. I was struggling to just pray in general.

I want to thirst for Christ. He is the Living Water. Fill me up, Lord!

I haven't been able to discipline myself to read...to read anything. I picked up The Love Dare yesterday and read Day 22.

Day 22 - Love is faithful
"I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness. Then you will know the Lord." Hosea 2:20

The Dare ***
Love is a choice, not a feeling. Commit to love your spouse. Say I love you. Period! I choose to love you even if you don't love me in return.

This kind of love is impossible without the love of Christ beating in your heart.


It's exactly what I needed to read at that moment. Of course. I had just talked to a co-worker who is struggling with the possibility of ending her marriage. I am so sad for her.

This morning I decided to read and journal. When I looked at the last time I journaled anything about The Love Dare, I realized that I am not on Day 23. I completely skipped over Day 21. Oh well. I'll just go back and read Day 21 today and then Day 23 tomorrow.

But as I started to read, I knew that God knew what I needed to read yesterday. Today I needed to read Day 21!

Day 21 - Love is satisfied in God
"The Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire." Isaiah 58:11

I need God EVERY SINGLE DAY.
God can give me inner peace.
God can enable me to be content no matter what life throws me.
God is the only thing in your life that can NEVER change...His faithfulness, His truth, His promises.

God is your everyday supply of everything you need.

"Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4


And He has proven that but yesterday was that flashing sign, the attention getter

So, at 9 am today, I am sitting in the orthodontist's office reading and I just wanted to cry out, "God, you are so amazing. You placed scripture on my heart this morning and now this chapter of The Love Dare is ending with it!"

Don't you love it?! I do. I love when God WOW's me!

I almost fell off the chair when I read the end of the chapter. It talked about Jesus at the well with the Samaritan woman (John 4)

"If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you LIVING WATER." John 4:10 (caps by me because I am stunned to read those words).

The chapter continues with this statement: Jesus offers a drink of soul satisfaction that never quits giving and refreshing.

YES, YES, YES!

The Dare ***
Immerse yourself in the love and promises God has for you. This will add to your growth as you walk with Him.

Immerse = to cover completely in liquid

The LIVING WATER!

I'd have to say that I am doing much better than yesterday.

How you doin?

No comments:

Post a Comment