Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Love Dare

"Husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it." Ephesians 5:28-29

I have been doing The Love Dare. I am on DAY 11. As I read the "Dare" part, I realize that much of what they ask me to do, I am already doing. That's good. That means I learned from the first time around and placed it in my life...not just a dare that I had to complete that one day. The most important part however is the two pages that describe the unique aspect of love.

Day One - Love is patient
Day Two - Love is kind
Day Three - Love is not selfish
Day Four - Love is thoughtful
Day Five - Love is not rude
Day Six - Love is not irritable
Day Seven - Love believes the best
Day Eight - Love is not jealous
Day Nine - Love makes good impressions
Day Ten - Love is unconditional
Day Eleven - Love cherishes

Today's "Ah, Ha" moment:
"When your spouse goes through a tragedy, both of you feel it. When you find success at your job, both of you rejoice. But somewhere along the way, you experience disappointment, and the sobering reality that you married an imperfect person sets in".

However, "when you are looking at your mate, you're looking at a part of you. So treat her well. Speak highly of him. Nourish and cherish the love of your life."

Answering him, Jesus said, What do you want Me to do for you?" Mark 10:51

No comments:

Post a Comment