Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Joyful OHM

I haven't talked about my food addiction since February 22nd. I haven't been good. I've been eating a lot of donuts lately and I'm not sure why. I love the Boston creme type with white creme (which isn't Boston then, is it?). But today I thought I'd just get on the scale out of curiosity. Curiosity always kills the cat. (Blame the cat!) And I was surprised to see 116.6.

Tonight we went to Ruby Tuesday's with the children. My love was being spontaneous. I love when he is. It's so rare. It was a wonderful time. The children sat at the table like human beings. Well, they should since they are seven and a half and eleven and a half. We don't go out to eat for many reasons. The first reason is always money. I can't justify spending that much on one meal. After tip, the bill was $85. That's groceries for the ENTIRE week. The second reason is that the children would never sit. They would be under the table or wanting to run up and down the aisle.

Anyway...I had the white cheddar potatoes, steamed broccoli and the crab cake. I had a small salad and a raspberry ice tea. Amanda got an appetizer sampler so I ate the 4 little spring rolls also.

We all decided not to get dessert and go to Rita's. I got NOTHING. I feel that I was definitely following the Lord by making this decision.

All in all, I think it was a pretty good night, calorie wise and patience wise. What a Terrific Tuesday it was!

Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord.
Psalms 119:1 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment