Saturday, March 13, 2010

Information Overload

I feel like I need to be here more than I really am. I started journaling a little in my "prayer" journal.

I am on information overload...and I love it. I am learning so much about children, relationships and the Love of Christ. But I am overwhelmed a little. Jeannette, how do you do it all?

I am involved in three classes, programs, trainings...whatever you want to call them. The first is the CDA or Child Development Associate. I will be an Associate when I finish the program. I have 84 hours of training to complete by May 1st, to qualify for October's bonus. I broke it down and it is something crazy like two hours every day for the next six week. As I lay in bed this morning, I know that this is not a realistic possibility. I would never want to push myself just for the motivation of money. I have been given permission to finish it by August 1st.

Positive Behavior Support is the second program I am involved in. The goal is to determine the behavior problem and target the reason for it. (Was it right before lunch? Was the child hungry? Was it right before nap? Was the child tired?) Actually it is center wide but I am on the core team, which means I have a leadership role, in a sense. I go to meetings with the Director and bring back knowledge to share with my classroom teachers.

"Mind in the Making" is the newest training. We are looking at ways people learn. Not everyone is doing this, but I know that if it can make me a better teacher (and a better mother) than I want to be part of it. It's a fun class. I love learning when you have to interact with others instead of just sitting and being lectured at. (Jeannette you would hate this). Last week, I had to dance with a partner. I led and she followed. Then in the middle without speaking she took the lead and I followed. What I discovered is that it is much easier to follow than to lead!

Raising Rock Solid Kids in a Pleasure Driven World is a class that I take Sunday nights from 6-8pm. It is led by my pastor and his wife. IT IS SO AWESOME.

Esther has been a challenge to me. The Women's Bible Study is held at the same time as Amanda's dance class. Last year, both classes fell on Thursday night but the times were different. This year, BOTH classes have adjusted the time so it is a huge effort to get to class. I also have to ask My Love to help. I only go every other week for the video and a lot of times, that doesn't even work out. I have to be disciplined to read the study and do the homework on my own.

Discipline = Disciple... WOW! Someone pointed that out last Sunday.

Last week I learned that I am such a child. I may have celebrated my Forty-Second birthday, but I have learned very little in the last nine years since I came to know Christ as my Savior and Lord. I am a baby Christian who just wants to drink the milk. It's time for me to GROW DOWN (rooted in the Word), UP and OUT.

"As missional believers, we intentionally focus on growing down in our relationship with God, growing up in community with believers and growing out in our witness locally, nationally and globally."

With that said, I am doing The Love Dare, AGAIN. I am self-centered and I need to know how to love so that I will reap the benefits of being a Christian. I learned that taking the Lord's name in vain doesn't mean saying OMG. It means calling myself a Christian and not acting like one!

Day One - Love is patient
Day Two - Love is kind
Day Three - Love is not selfish
Day Four - Love is thoughtful
Day Five - Love is not rude

Last Sunday - MY BIRTHDAY - when I realized what God needs to work on in me (not what I need to work on), the person that I sit next to (occasionally) asked me if I would do a one-on-one bible study with her. YES. I didn't even hesitate to answer. That night I share the information with my mentor and she prayed about it and said we should do Breaking Free.

Oh My Goodness. I had been on the phone the night before with a friend who said she was doing that study. We talked about how God puts the right study in our lives and I said Esther and the love of women is where I am. Guess what? God thinks I need Breaking Free also or why would that young lady ask ME to do a bible study with her.

God is good, all the time!

Is all of this busyness to distract me from my bible? NO! That is the most important thing that I need to read. Everything else can enhance my life and relationships. But God's Word is the starting point, always!

So, where do I fit My Love and My Children in to this busy life of mine? Well, they come first and all the other stuff is what is getting fit in. I need to get up early instead of laying in bed on this rainy morning. So I did! I read Chapter Five of The Love Dare and looked up different versions of James 1:2-3. This was one of those "A-ha! moments when I read it.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. (NIV)

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
KJV


Remember Friends, there are many "translations" of the bible. The King James version has the "ye" and "th" on the words and is harder to understand. God wants you to search His word. Be a Berean!

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

I am on information overload. And I AM LOVING IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment