Monday, February 22, 2010

OHM OMG...and some other stuff

"To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life." Romans 2:7


I was hesitant to get on the scale this morning but I was drawn to do so. When I did, I couldn't believe my eyes, ONE FOURTEEN POINT SEVEN (114.7). Thank you Jesus. What a gift. It's a gift!

I don't feel like I have been eating well at all lately. But then I started thinking about it. All the Glory to God. I have been eating the ice-cream out of the Pampered Chef Prep Bowls. When I finish the bowl, I immediately have the urge to fill it again. But the last two times, I sat the bowl on the counter and waited. I waited or I prayed. (I believe the first time, I just waited.) The feeling passed. The temptation passed.

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." 1 Corinthian 10:13


What is God teaching me? To trust Him, of course. Sometimes we get what we deserve. And sometimes God gives us mercy. I received mercy.

In my time, He whispers.

Everything around me points to patience...and persistence. Today's desk calendar says "Persistence is a wonderful character quality. Make children finish what they start and help them to hang in there when things are tough."

Children? How about us grown-ups? Pastor Paul talked about final words yesterday. He talked about Jesus saying "It is finished." Then he talked about a society that never finishes anything...marriage, diets, home improvements. Oh, the list went on.

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

That doesn't mean I am strong. I am never strong. I can do it because Christ makes me strong. No, He can do it because He lives in me.

My day started with the weigh-in. But then before the children and I even left the house, the conversation turned to Heaven and Hell. Daniel said on more than one occasion, "I hope I go to Heaven." I would ask him if he knew how you get there and he would say, "accept Jesus as your Savior". Today I asked him another question that never occurred to me. I asked him if he had done that. He said, "not really".

We prayed together but his heart was not there. He was acting like I was asking him to make his bed. We finally just left. When we got to Wee Care, I had no idea how emotional I was until another child disrespected me. I spoke to Daniel and gave him a hug. I then went in to the bathroom in tears (which actually isn't anything new) I prayed, pulled myself together, thanked God and knew that He was going to get all the glory anyway...IN HIS TIME.

We have since come home, had dinner, did homework (currently working on showers) and facebooking along with blogging. Daniel came in to show me his balloon. I asked him the two questions again. His answers were the same. I asked him if he wanted to pray with someone, maybe his AWANA leader. He said, no you! So we kneeled and he said "you pray". I told him that I couldn't. He said, "I don't know what to say". I told him to just say, "Jesus, I'm a sinner. Come in to my heart". So that's what he said in the sweetest little voice (total sincerity). He then bounced out of the room with his balloon.



WOW, what a Marvelous Monday it has been (and it's only 6:20).

2 comments:

  1. Happy Dance of Joy for you and your Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The angels are singing of the His praise, and welcoming Daniel into the Family of God!!!

    ReplyDelete