Monday, January 4, 2010

The Weigh-In

So today is the first day of a new start. Actually, every day can be. You just have to want to start.

I weighed myself this morning at the time I will be showering each day. That would be FIVE AM. I haven't seen that number on the clock for two weeks. Yuck. But it was good to get in to a routine. After I weighed myself (118 lbs.), I thought about how much time I spend with God and how much time I spend doing other things...like writing this blog and thinking about food.

So I sat and prayed and wrote all of my prayers in to my new prayer journal. Laura had a contest on her blog and I won! She sent me the journal and other things too. I love it. I'll take a picture of it and post it at another time.

I have prayed over the last 13 days but I didn't consistently pray for one person each day. I am going to start doing this. Every day. During my 15 minute break today, I sat in the stairwell and prayed. Praying needs to be something I do and not even think about it. It should be a running conversation for the Lord. It should be like breathing.

So back to the OHM Challenge. This is how today has gone so far:

Breakfast - 300 Calories
2/3 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
1 cup Skim milk
1/2 cup applesauce
16 oz water

Mid-Morning Snack - 70 calories
Strawberry yogurt

Lunch - Undetermined

This is were I messed up because I didn't plan ahead. I knew that I had Boca Burgers in the classroom but they were a new flavor (Savory Mushroom Mozzarella, sounds good, right?) So I only packed 2 clementines and some carrots with ranch. I made the burger and it smelled weird. I threw the carrots on top and poured some ranch (a little) on top. I took two bites of the burger. It was DISGUSTING. Now when I say disgusting, well it was really, really bad. Because I can eat things that don't taste good but are good for me. But this was in-eatible. I'm pretty sure that is not a word, but it describes it perfectly. I ate the carrots and the 2 clementines. Then had a cup of mandarine oranges that I had at work. Then a few goldfish and a bunch of animal crackers. It took all that to kill the taste. I washed it down with 16 more ounces of water.

Dinner? I defrosted ground beef but I'm not feeling it. I think that egg salad sandwiches are more appealing right now.

Am I discouraged. Heck no.

So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:6

It could have been so much worse. And it's only 3:20. I have time to recover. Right? Say, right?

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to be one of those nosy people and tell you that you probably want to have a little more protein for breakfast. Cheerios are YUMMY (esp Honey Nut), but very low in protein and fiber. Two good ones are Kashi Go Lean Crunch (too high in fiber for me but tasty) and Quaker Oatmeal Squares (cold cereal).

    Michelinas Lean Gourmet frozen meals are: Cheap, quick and pretty decent nutrition-wise. Their five cheese lasagna is DELICIOUS. Our WalMart carries it for $1.18.

    For burgers, MorningStar Farms Grillers are the best I've found taste-wise (i.e.closest to real beef)

    Good eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your lunch was such a disaster. I'm surprised because Boca Burgers are usually good! You inspire me to use God the way he WANTS to be used in my life :) What does OHM stand for???

    ReplyDelete