Sunday, January 31, 2010

Poor Neglected Blog

"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7 NLT

Still seeking peace!

I've been...well what have I been? Busy? Always. Stressed? Always. Last week was simply awful. It was the usual struggle with homework and Amanda. I think it was Monday night, yes, Monday. I went to bed at 7:15 in tears after several hours of frustration and lost patience.

I went to a "Stress Management" class on Wednesday night. It was informing. Some of it was unrealistic. But I decided to buy some special tea and have a "de-stress" moment each night. Last night I was holding the tea cup and shouting at the children. So much for de-stressing.

Friday night was a great night. I went to a "Girl's Night Out" at our church. I took a painting class and a hip-hop class. I had so much fun. It was a great success. I think it might be something that will be organized each quarter. Jeannette will have to come! There was massage, Pampered Chef demo, jewelry, card games, crafts and the end of the night comedian. It was a great stress free night.

Today was not so stress free. When you have lost your peace at church, you are pretty much never going to find it. Daniel went missing after the first service. I saw him with a donut, then he just vanished. Several of the staff were searching for him. He was finally found, hiding upstair in a no-admittance zone of the church for anyone under 12. Then, Amanda lost her coat. Between looking for the boy and looking for the coat, I had had it! I asked my Love to take the children and leave the house for 3 hours...and they did.

I ended up having a cup of tea with my Bible, doing my workbook for the Esther study, reading about raising a righteous child and reading a book on ADHD. It was a wonderful 3 hours on the couch. I also set the timer and took a 20 minute nap. I think I need to do this more often.

And let's not forget that I've been busy doing CDA paperwork.

What's this week look like?
Monday - CDA class during naptime
Tuesday - Piano and Cub scouts
Wednesday - Nothing?!
Thursday - Irish Dance
Friday - Meeting with the team of teachers and CDA class during naptime

The meeting is the biggie of the week. I will need lots of prayers for me to keep my emotions in check. My Love cannot make the meeting because it is at 9 am. Right now, Amanda is failing three classes and has a 64% in the fourth class. Pray for wisdom as we continue to walk the same road for the last six years.

Now, I must finish my Sleeptime tea and head to be. I apologize for not coming back to the OHM post. I weighed myself on Tuesday and was 116.9 so I've decided not to weigh myself on Monday mornings any more. LOL. Good night!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that your life is extra stressful! Have you thought of a different school for Amanda? yes, she's the one with the issues, but it doesn't sound like they're stepping up to the plate to help out much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does Amanda feel about school and the situation?? Would you be able to switch schools? Learning can be tough when you don't have a disability. I feel bad for her difficulties and struggles. Wish I could help!

    ReplyDelete