Monday, January 18, 2010

OHM...still a loser

"Sometimes just surviving certain tasks without falling apart is our best and in those times God is not ashamed of our performance. He's proud of us for fighting overwhelming human emotions to do His will. God isn't interested in our stellar performance but in our hearts. He loves our willingness and obedience despite ...our insecurities." Beth Moore from Esther

Three ounces. Yes, 116.6, that is. But the point is that I lost. I don't have a tremendous amount of weight to lose. People look at me and say, where? I just want my clothes to stop fitting tight. I'd like to have my pants button actually buttoned. Silly me! So I only have a couple of pounds to lose. And remember, it's more about breaking the bondage than anything. Food controls me.

Today I learned about patience. As I washed the dishes I said...3 ounces?!
And God whispered, yes.
I know, in your time, not mine.
Again I heard, yes.

It's just the theme of my life.

Father God,
Thank you for my children. We are struggling right now with many issues. But you chose me to be their mommy. You chose me! I may not understand what is going on right now or why. But I do know that you are refining me, drawing me closer to you. Please let us have truth on our lips and love and kindness in our hearts.
In Jesus Name, AMEN


I love you, Lord; you are my strength. Psalm 18:1 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment