Sunday, January 24, 2010

Autobiography in 300 words or less

This is do tomorrow. It was really hard to put the basics in 300 words. But I think I achieved it successfully. I should have my CDA (Child Development Associate) by June.


I am a daughter, a friend, a wife, a mother, a teacher, a bringer of God’s Glory. I majored in Art Education because I didn’t know what else to do. I was only eighteen and having to know what to do with my life was overwhelming. After receiving my Bachelors of Science in Art Education, I quickly knew that being an art teacher was not my life dream. After working in two daycares, I ended up in the corporate world of customer service. I immediately knew that I wanted to be a Corporate Trainer, or a teacher. I realized that it didn’t matter what the subject was, God had given me the ability to teach. After seven years, I was blessed with the opportunity to fulfill the dream of being a stay-at-home-mom. Being a mom for the last eleven years has taught me a lot of information and life lessons about children.

I can’t say one person or thing has influenced my choice. When you know you are good at something, it makes you feel good. I know that I am a good teacher so it didn’t take long for God to lead me to early learning. My heart knew the minute I entered the classroom, I was home. Each day I am excited to make a difference in the lives of these little children. I teach. But each day, I am taught by the children. I have learned an immeasurable amount of patience, love and kindness in the last sixteen months. I have been able to take the information that I have learned in my classroom and applied it to my own life. I have become a better mother. I have become a better person. I am filled with joy and proud to call myself an early learning professional.

1 comment: