Monday, January 11, 2010

100 Posts, WOW or OHM Monday

It's hard to decide which subject to talk about. This is actually my 103rd post for this blog. I didn't even notice. So hear is a little bit of rambling for you:

Each day before naptime, I read a little blessing. Today was State Inspection and I think nerves were on edge. I was pretty calm. The inspector only spent about 10 minutes in our room. After I read the blessing and children are asleep, I write the verse on our wet-erase board with our daily activities. When I turned to today's verse, I realized that's not what I read. The one I read was for February 11 not January. But God knew what we needed to hear. So here is the Words of Wisdom for today:

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

Isn't that just perfect?

OK...OHM Monday Challenge, was started by Michelle. OHM, for those of you who missed it, stands for One Hot Mama. Now, I am not calling myself this. Remember, I just jumped on the bandwagon.

Last Monday I weighed-in at 118. Today I weighed-in at 116.9. Horray. I lost a pound! Praise Jesus. I am so glad. Last Monday, lunch was unplanned and then the rest of the night was pretty much of a train wreck. Tuesday I stuck to eating only my five small meals. That's really three meals with two snacks, stopping all food three hours before bed (which is 6 pm so I can get in bed by 9 pm).

My hardest part of the challenge is not "picking". I didn't realize how much I started picking at school. I don't even like pretzels or cheese curls. But I was eating them. Beef-a-roni? Are you serious? But I was about to take a spoonful before I stopped myself. So Tuesday and Wednesday were really hard. But once I made it through those two days, Thursday was much better.

Friday was my staff dinner. I had the roast beef, half a piece of the chicken parm and some ziti (which was flavorless). I ate the veggies and had a salad. Then for dessert, I had much will-power. (Actually it was the Holy Spirit. Who am I kidding?) I filled my plate with fresh fruit and skipped the cookies and the yummy looking brownies. I did endulge in one of my favorite desserts (click here and skip the intro) But just one!

I had one cup of coffee on Saturday which really consists of about 4 oz of coffee and 4 oz of French Vanilla Creamer. The serving size is 1 tablespoon (35 calories). I drink 4oz. Do the math! Well, I drank HALF! My eating was not great on Saturday. But that's my day off. Right back to business on Sunday, though. I was very mindful of what I ate AND didn't eat the chocolate chip cookies that sat on my parent's kitchen table. Visiting them is a diet killer. They always have awesome ice-cream bars or M&M ice-cream. But I resisted and had a banana with way too much peanut butter. But that's what it took to satisfy me.

I feel much better now that I am sleeping from 9pm to 5am. I am still drinking my 3 glasses of 16 oz. Sometimes I get that push and I get the final 16 oz. in. But not usually.

Planning ahead is in my plan. I made chicken breast last night for our salads. Tonight I am making chicken legs AND chili. No matter how much I lose or how much I don't lose, may God get all the glory!


Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Ephesians 3:20 NLT

2 comments:

  1. I love to read what you post, you inspire me so much :) I also give all the Glory to God!! Don't you just LOVE when we think we are alone and then he shows himself??

    ReplyDelete