Tuesday, December 22, 2009

W is for...

Wee Care

Oh well, I could write a book on this topic. I had heard of this "daycare" because two of my neighbor's children went there. I didn't even know where it was but I knew it was part of Langhorne Terrace Ministries.

Then the day came when my Love said those words that every SAHM will hear (maybe) "Get a job" I thought about where I wanted to work. The hours would have to be compatible with the school hours of 9 to 3:30. It had to be flexible in case the children got sick and I needed to take off or they had a day off from school. I thought about working nights at Kmart but the retail industry was/is so bad.

One day I was walking home with another mommy and she said she was a teacher at a pre-school. She said she had summers off. That was another thing to factor in. So I started praying about pre-schools. One morning at church I saw someone who worked at Wee Care. I didn't really know her or her role but I mentioned it to her. Her response was to pray about it.

About a month later, I submitted my resume. During the interview with the Pastor, the director and the Admin. director, I was told that they were praying for someone married who would be a good influence on the other ladies. They were praying for me. I can't even explain how that feels.

Wee Care is the only place that was placed on my heart. Wee Care is the only place I applied. Wee Care is the only place that I want to work.

It's a combination of the admin. staff, the co-workers and the children.

I am BLESSED to call Wee Care part of my family.

1 comment:

  1. I am in the SAME place about getting a job, but honestly have absolutely no desire to work with children. I love my own, but that's about it!

    ReplyDelete