Sunday, December 20, 2009

U is for...

United States of America

When I "googled" the term, a lot of different things came up. I went to the "Wiki" and it talks about foreign relations, military, economy, income, human development, energy, language, education, religion...etc.

I was looking for one word that comes to mind but I didn't see it as I scanned the huge article. The word is freedom. That's what I think of when I describe the USA.

I asked Daniel if he knew why we are suppose to memorize scripture. He said no. I told him that in some countries, the penalty for reading the Bible is death. If we ever lost our freedom and our Bibles were taken away, we would have scripture tattood on our hearts.

Freedom is something that we take for granted until we are reminded of what is going on in other countries.

I am proud to call myself an American.

1 comment:

  1. ::If we ever lost our freedom and our Bibles were taken away, we would have scripture tattood on our hearts.::

    EXCELLENT POINT!

    ReplyDelete