Friday, December 11, 2009

L is for...

Langhorne Terrace Ministries - A Place to Call Home

I was invited to go to a ladies bible study with my friend at her church. My story started with a bible study called "Daniel", in September of 2006. How fitting. My four year old just happened to be Daniel. I visited a couple of times. It was not like the Catholic church at all. I really enjoyed it.

I completed my second bible study. This time it was Patriarchs. I loved the woman and was excited to get away with them for a retreat at a place called Sandy Cove in November of 2006.

Just after the new year, I decided that I wanted to come on a regular basis. But when I went to the meeting about joining the church, I had great convictions. You see, I am a church collector. I've been a member at several churches and attended other churches. Over the last fifteen years, I've attended the Methodist, Catholic, Lutheran and Baptist church.

As I was thinking of making the change, my friend was wrestling with her family also making a change. As I was coming, she was going. Strange. But my decision to stay was not determined by her families decision to leave. I later found out that the pastor and his wife were praying for me.

I love the informalness. I love that the Pastoral staff look like normal people, in jeans and polo shirts. I love that Daniel can sit on the floor if he chooses to. I love the music. I love the big comfy seats. I love the friendliness. I love the feeling I get when I finally sit down. It is a feeling of relief. It is a feeling of being at home.

The one morning I was sitting there thinking about those words and I looked down at the program. Printed right on the front was "A place to call home". Wow. Cool.

Sundays are my favorite day of the week because of Langhorne Terrace Ministries.

No comments:

Post a Comment