Wednesday, December 9, 2009

J is for...

Jeannette. JeannieHopes. My sister. My best friend.

Can we have more than one best friend? Yes. Curtis is my best friend too. (And Jesus, but I didn't have to tell you that, did I?)

Jeannette however is the one person who knows me better than I know myself. She has known me the longest. We've been sisters for 39 years.

Jeannette knows my secrets (which I've told a lot of them right here). She is my go-to person. She is the one to encourage me. She is the one to give me advise. She is the one to build me up when I am face first flat on the floor.

We've had many years of trials where we were sisters first and friends only by blood. But she has always been right by my side. When we are having strife in our relationship, I am crushed. Only do I feel like that with one other person. My husband.

When Jeannette and I are in right standing, I can carry on.

Then one day, we became friends first and sisters by blood.

Well, I've been talking about all she does for me. I didn't even mention how she works full time at a pre-school, goes to school (to be an ocologist nurse), takes care of her family and has time left over to pick up my pieces when they are shattered.

I LOVE YOU JEANNETTE! God made us sisters but we chose each other to be friends!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks sissy! It's been stormy over the years at times but I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat to be your sister and friend. Love you tons and can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete