Monday, December 7, 2009

H is for...

Husband

I met my love a few weeks before I turned 21. My friend's brother went to high school with him. We met in the cafeteria of our college. He was funny and cute too. He first asked me out at the milk machine.

We dated for two and a half years. He was my only real boyfriend. He is the only man that I have ever loved.

After we went our seperate ways in 1991, I "dated" but always had a special spot in my heart for him.

We met up again in 1995. It only took a few conversations for us both to realize that we were meant to be together. A few months later, he proposed. We were married less than a year later.

Marriage is HARD. It is not the fairy tale "happily ever after" that most of us little girls think it's going to be once we meet our prince. We've made a lot of mistakes. We've hurt each other a lot too. But he is the first person I think of and speak to each morning. He is the one that I want to grow old with.

Fireproof has changed my outlook on marriage and God's purpose for it in our lives. It is my favorite movie. If you have not watched it, you MUST.

"Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything." Ephesians 5:22-24

LOVE this song!

1 comment:

  1. My husband & I went to see that when it was in the theater and loved it. I'm reading the 5 Love Languages book right now, and I wish everyone would read it before they get married! Love is a choice, a decision, and I think more people would stay married if they realized that. :)

    ReplyDelete