Friday, November 6, 2009

Ten Reasons Why I Do What I Do

This was an exercise that I had to do on Tuesday during the teacher in-service.


1. Because I have five (not one, not two but five) outstanding leaders.

2. Because I have worked in “daycare” centers and there is no better place than WCELC.

3. Because I will make a difference in a child’s life.

4. Because I will bless a co-worker or a parent.

5. Because a co-worker or parent will bless me.

6. Because I will learn something that will make me a better parent.

7. Because I never have that “I don’t want to get out of bed” feeling.

8. Because I have fun AND (this is the funny part) I get a paycheck on top of it.

9. Because I get hugged 50 times.

10. Each day is a new day to learn and teach.

11. Because I love to laugh and sing with the children.

12. Because I know that this is exactly where God wants me to be at this time in my life. I am certain!


What’s missing from my list? The obvious, I love kids. If you were to ask a lifeguard why he does what he does, would ‘because I am a good swimmer’ be on that list? I would just assume that that is the case.

To be an effective childcare provider, there needs to be more. Everyone MUST love children. Can you imagine if someone who didn’t worked with them all day? How about an hour? But what else? Why choose early learning?

How many reasons can you name if someone asked “Why do you do what you do?” Try it. It better be more than one!



Father God,

Thank you for leading me to WCELC. I have never been more certain about anything in my life. I am blessed just walking through the doors each day.

However, I am frustrated Father. You know my heart. You know it all. I know that I am to love, and to learn to love everyone. I know that I need to get along and not complain. I know that most importantly, I need to glorify Your name.

I feel that I am not doing that because I am not being an effective leader. I feel that I am not being a positive influence. Please help me with my frustration. Please help me hold my tongue and say only the words that need to be said.

I am waiting for You to move Father. But if you must, then move me. I am trusting You even when I can’t see the whole horizon.

Help me focus on the major and understand that even in the midst of the stress, that You are blessing me and those around me.

In Jesus name, AMEN.


“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” Proverbs 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment