Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Harvest Day



Today was Harvest Day at work. The apples were so cute all dressed up. We had many super heros. I have grown to dislike Halloween over the years. There is nothing good about it. OK, maybe that's not fair. If there is something good about it, please let me know. Anyway, my co-worker reminded me of this analogy. I hope you enjoy it!

What's it like being a Christian?

"It's like being a pumpkin:
God picks you from the patch,
brings you in, and washes all the dirt
off that you may have gotten from the
other pumpkins. Then He cuts the top off
and scoops out all the yucky stuff.
He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed and despair.
Then He carves you a new smiling face
and puts His light inside of you to shine for
all the world to see."


The following I wrote last October. I love looking back and seeing where I am now. Or seeing where I still am. God has a way of taking us to a place, taking us around that place and then right back to where we were. However, I am breaking free! Journaling is very important to me. Do you keep a journal?

************************************************************************************

I wouldn't trade it for the world. Since 2001, life has been, well, not easy. Many people have not understood me. I've been criticized for my walk of faith. People who I never would have expected have hurt me deeply. But I wouldn't say that I've gone through all of this for nothing. I've learned how to dance in the rain. I've learned that I can be joyful when my heart is breaking in to a million pieces. I've learned that even when I am disappointed by my loved ones, I have hope. Jesus is my hope. I would have to say that in the last 14 months, I fell in love with my Jesus again.

When I first believed, I found myself thinking about Him all the time, wanting to please Him. This past year has been one of my toughest years. I discoved that through Jesus, I am strong. I am never strong in myself. Many times I have wondered why I lack self-confidence. Then I realized that, I don't even want it. I want the confidence that I find in Him.

I wondered why I am never happy. For the last nine months, I've tried to find peace in my life. Then Damaris said "Happy is something a child is. They are happy because of what's happening. You are to be joyful because His spirit lives inside you." I've noticed that people get so bothered by the weather, the traffic, their co-workers, the economy...I could go on. Those are all unpredictable things. If you are waiting and looking for something or someone to make you happy, well keep waiting and stop looking. He's right there and He is waiting on YOU.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share that with you. Many of you have known what's been going on with my marriage and my daughter. But I know that there are many who do not. I know that God has placed certain people in my life for a purpose. I am to learn and they are to learn from me. I am thankful for every good thing that has, is and will happen to me. However, I am very thankful for the things that have made me rely more on Jesus.

Be blessed and know that you bless others.

"The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense." Proverbs 27:9 NLT

3 comments:

  1. Excellent message and a very good reminder for me right now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord is using you and doing a mighty work in you as well. Your heart shines for mine!

    I love you my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my least-favorite day of the year. I participate b/c my children do, but would much rather ignore the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete