Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fleas





I thought that after the exhausting month of September and the flea issue, I just couldn't get more tired. But I am. This is a mental tired. My mind just never shuts off.

If you haven't heard the story, here it is in a nutshell. Our in-door, never-leave-the-house-for-a-second Cat, had fleas. I took her in August to the vet. She was treated with Frontline and Capstar. They were back in a few days. I treated the carpets for 24 hours. I washed the cat TWICE. Ha, yes, washed the cat. It should have been on youtube! The fleas were laughing at us.

I prayed, I cried out to the LORD asking him to tell me how this situation was glorifing Him. And He said, "You try so hard with all your works to control the situation. And you are tired and nothing has changed. Go to the Big Man and be done". I kid you not. That was my prayer. And that was God's answer. I called Orkin the next day. Reilly went to the kitty hotel at Petsmart. Orkin came and sprayed. Then the service guy said vacuum for the next 7 to 10 days.

I am a slob! I do not vacuum my house. I clean the kitchen. I do the laundry. I make the beds. I do not vacuum the house. I vacuum the living room on Saturday mornings. We have six rooms with carpet. So each night before we went to bed, I vacuumed the upstairs rooms and my love did the downstairs.

Amanda has seen 1 flea since. I didn't see it. It could have been a regular old bug or a nat. But I think that the Bionic Fleas are gone. Whew.

What I learned from the situation is really simple: Take all your worries to the LORD, immediately. He will work out the details. I am so glad that God is control of my life. And that's huge for this control freak.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment