Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ray

"Now show me your glory" Exodus 33:18

My heart has Ray laying heavily on it. Ray has ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s Disease. If you don’t know what that is, google it, or just click here. But you may just wish you had never done that. Ray was diagnosed 4 years ago at the age of 34. He has a seven year old son and a two and a half year old. Ray is in the hospital. His trach (tracheotomy)and vent were put in on Wednesday. Please pray for him. Please pray for the family. I feel so helpless. I don’t know what else to do then ask for people to pray for them.

From Beth Moore’s "Believing God"…seasons exist…when God demands everything we’ve got. He seems to say, "I’ve got a great victory in store for you, but if you want it, you’ll have to give Me nothing less than your all. I want 100 percent. This season will take every bit of the focus you’ve got, and you will literally live on My strength to get through it.” This season involves warfare, but this time the heat doesn’t let up. This time you feel as if your life, or someone else’s, depends on it. In times like these, we can’t even think about tomorrow because we don’t know how on earth we’re going to live through the battle today."

I read the above this morning and thought of my friends. I love them so much. Can you please pray this prayer for me, for Ray? Thank you.


Father God,
I want to thank You for one more day with my children, one more day with my family, one more day with my friends, here on this earth. Father, I know that this earth has nothing for me. And I know that there will be a day, when there is no more tears, no more pain and no more fears. There will be a day when the burdens of this place will be no more and I’ll see Jesus face to face.
Your son, Ray is so tired. Please take away his pain. I beg your Father, take away his fear. Let him feel Your arms wrapped around him, holding him. Let him know that You love him more than anything. Please soften his heart and allow him to hear the knock on his heart’s door. Please let him see the light so that he may life forever in heaven with a new body, one that does not hurt any longer. Thank you for blessing MY life with his.
In Jesus name I pray, Amen.



"God can say yes to the heart of our prayer without saying yes to the request of our prayer." Beth Moore.

Please God, HEAR MY HEART. Please take away my sadness, anger, bitterness and fear. Please take away Ray’s too.

"God has so much for you, Dear One. And, yes, seasons will come when He requires so much from you that you feel like you can’t bear it. You do have a choice. You don’t have to do it His way. You can choose bitterness, resentment, carnality, or mediocrity. Or you can go for it. With everything you’ve got. You can experience the unmatched exhilaration of partnering in divine triumph. The stakes are high. The cost is steep. But I’ll promise you this: there is no high like the Most High. Don’t miss it for the world." Beth Moore

I’M BELIEVING GOD.

3 comments:

  1. We had a very dear friend die of ALS almost 7 years ago. She was diagnosed in May and died the following February, so it happened very quickly.

    Is Ray a believer?

    ReplyDelete