Friday, August 7, 2009

The Next Food Network Star

Have you ever watched that show on Food Network? Amanda and I love it. This season had some drama. I guess they need to throw that in to keep people on the edge of their seats. I personally didn't need to see that side of it. I chose Jeffrey and Melissa right from the beginning so I was very happy that they were the final two. I will definitely watch Melissa's show on Sunday afternoons. She is an inspiration to the SAHM's.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, my friend's husband came and cooked dinner while we visited in the other room. Every once in a while, he would call Daniel out to help chop something or...something. I really don't know because not once did I walk in the kitchen to see what was going on. Not once in the two and a half hours of cooking. Not once!

When dinner was finally served, Daniel said he had to eat "his" chicken. There was nothing fancy about it but he was excited because he helped make it. That's when it occurred to me that if I involve the children then maybe they would try more foods. Amanda has been a cooking fiend. Last week, Amanda made Rachael Ray's Mac and Cheese, Paula Deen's Chocolate Banana Pie and Beth Moore's buttermilk pancakes.





This week she made a recipe that I have changed to make it my own. It is a Weight Watcher's recipe for bread. But I threw in mini-chips (and changed a couple of other things). I call it Banana-Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Muffins. It is a no-fail recipe that you have to make with your children.




Today we are going to make Daniel's birthday cupcakes from SCRATCH. I grew up with boxed cakes...and loved them. But I am changing that tradition.

"For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?..." Isaiah 43:19

Yes, my baby is having a birthday. He will be seven on Sunday. I can hardly believe it.



********************************************************************************

Now, changing the subject...has this been the nicest summer or what? There have been many days that I am wearing jeans or capris. This morning it is in the 60's. I am loving it. Our electric bill was under $100 in July!. That's huge in this house. I hope the weather is this nice in Kentucky. Our road trip begins in just four days. I am so excited.

Have a great weekend, Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment