Thursday, August 27, 2009

Loud and Clear

Sometimes God whispers, and sometimes He comes through LOUD AND CLEAR. I was watching the 700 Club this morning. Don't ask me why. I never do. But I was killing time (10 minutes) before we went to a doctor's appointment.

Jimmy Needham was the guest. I wasn't sure if I knew who that was but once he started singing I recognized his voice. He quoted his favorite verse, Romans 8:1. Then he sang this song.

About a half hour later, while waiting for the doctor, I pulled out my "Proverbs for Teachers" book that I got for Christmas from my employers. The title is Repeat Offenders: The greatest fool of all is the man who fools himself.

"Just about the time Christians feel truly sensible in the proverbial sense, reality slashes the soul with guilt. How often do you practice the same pet sin? If practice makes perfect, you would think you would have mastered that sin by now. Which commandment is it? Second? Fourth? Eighth? More than one? Yes, it's easy to be a repeat offender - a fool acting like a fool."

Good thing you have a Repeat Defender. While the devil is quick to point out your repeat offenses - to others, to your conscience, even to God - Jesus remeinds all who care to listen that he took away those sins when he died. God your heavenly Father always listens to your Savior's testimony. Others many be reluctant to forgive, and forgiving yourself can be even more difficult. But before the throne of God, "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1)


I almost fell off of the chair. Wow! That's the message that I heard in the 10 minutes I watched that show. I guess that is what God wants me to hear today...to KNOW today.

He's just great like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment