Saturday, August 1, 2009

Change around here

Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?" declares the LORD. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the LORD. Jeremiah 23:24

I've been hiding. I have not been sleeping very well either. I am exhausted when I get to bed but then I just lay there for HOURS. I can't seem to drag myself out of bed before 6:30 am. Last night I layed in bed and confessed many things that I have been feeling. The quiet does that you know, convict you. I think that is why I have Food Network on or praise music. When I am listening to the music, I think I am fellowshipping with the LORD, but I'm not.

In the beginning of the summer, I decided to commit to morning quiet time. But my journal is dated June 14. I know that once we left for vacation, the backsliding began. I did not attend church in June that I recall. My initial thought was to be an example that Jesus is not in a building. Church is not about going somewhere. We are the church of Christ. But it just turned in to another lazy day. I need to be fed so I can feed my children. Tomorrow we will be starting over. (Change #1)

Yesterday was our last day of work/camp. August will be a fun month yet a productive one. I haven't worked out a schedule yet. It will be a loose one but one with structure. I can't have them watching too much t.v. while I waste time on the internet. (Change #2)

I dont' feel like I am helping my children grow. I intend on finding a daily devotional that we can do together. AWANA will start in September as well as Sunday school. Daniel needs that. Amanda will have Breakaway also. (Change #3)

My degree is in art education. I always say that I am not an artist, but a teacher. I can teach you to tie your shoes, use the potty or sound out a word (math, now that's another story). I want to do more art projects with the children. We were at AC Moore last night during the rain storm. I bought a few things for the children to work on. I want to finish Amanda's blanket that I have been crocheting for over a year. (Change #4)

My friend and her husband came to visit and he cooked dinner. He involved Daniel while making the chicken to the point that Daniel thought it was HIS chicken. Well then Daniel had to eat it. It occurred to me that maybe Amanda would try more things if she made it herself. So this week, she made homemade mac and cheese, chocolate banana pie and buttermilk pancakes. Cooking is something I CAN do but don't prefer to do it. It's quicker to open a box. I say that my husband is the cook and I am the preparer. But that's going to change too! (Change #5)

Father God,
Thank you for this wonderful day. Please bless us as we busily move through our day, most of the time forgetting about You. Let me be loving and kind to my family and all those I meet along the way. Help me to slow down and be quiet so that I may remember that you have put me on this earth for your delight not mine. Help me be purposeful.
In Jesus name. AMEN


"When I get up in the morning, I sit on the side of my bed and say, God, if I don't get anything else done today, I want to know You more and love You better. God didn't put me on earth just to fulfill a to-do list. He's more interested in what I am than what I do." Rick Warren

2 comments:

  1. Great post...feels like the old blog! I need to make changes too and September is going to bring soooo many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is good...and yet scary at times. I have made lots of changes in the past year, and still have more to do. Some of my change brought on a sense of emptiness of the world & friends. But in the long run the Lord has filled me with His love & friendship and I've lost the empty feeling. Being different with a Biblical Worldview isn't very popular in our culture, but the rewards from HIM are well worth it. Praying your changes go well and he leads you in each one!

    ReplyDelete