Saturday, July 25, 2009

An Early Post...just a few days

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God."
Colossians 3:12-16

July 27, 1996, I married my college sweetheart, who I met in 1989. I can't believe it's been that long. It seems like yesterday that we met in the cafeteria and first spoke to each other at the milk machine.

Where does the time go?

Tomorrow we will celebrate by making a special dinner for each other, even though Monday is the actually anniversary. Lucky 13! My Love will make the appetizer and entree. I will make the dessert. We were going to go out to dinner but just couldn't think of a place. We usually go to Red Lobster or Olive Garden. We are both big fans of Food Network and wanted to go somewhere that cooks REAL food. But we knew that we would be paying a lot of money to have someone else do what we could do ourselves.

Finances are another issue, actually THE issue. We recently bought a new "previously owned" 1996 Toyota 4 Runner (Titanium...black, it's beautiful). We have not had a car payment in several years and were getting a little too comfortable. I cried the day after we bought it. I was so overwhelmed. I cleared out my savings account that took me 9 months to build.

We are not suppose to be comfortable. We are suppose to rely on God for every step of our lives...well guess what? I am now!

We are also paying off the credit card from Niagara Falls as well as the oil bill from last season. So it is kind of raining on us financially. My Love said "get out the umbrella". My response was that He is already covering us with it...what an awesome picture I have in my head! God with His giant umbrella...(sigh).

It's been a rocky few months but I know that we are stronger because of it. I have faith that God will work out all the details. I need to just sit back and let him take the wheel (easier said then done). Or as my pastor would say...drop the rope. (More about that later).

Have a good weekend!

1 comment: