Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy Food + Happy People = 13 Years



I love these pictures because all you can see is the wedding ring! This is my husband of 13 years cutting up an apricot for salsa. It had jalapenos, peppers, red onions, fresh cilantro and some other things probably. It was served with blue chips. I love salsa.



This is garlic begin placed on the fresh spinach. He pounded the chicken flat, then covered with spinach, garlic and a small block of garlic herb cheddar cheese.



Then he rolled it and wrapped it in plastic wrap. It went in the freezer for 15 minutes before breading it with Panko and deep frying. It was finished in the oven.




Our table scape! Not fancy enough for Sandra Lee , I'm sure. In the white bowl are sweet potato french fries which I sliced with the Pampered Chef crinkle cutter. In the small green bowl is the caprese salad, which is the only thing that was not homemade. I did add fresh basil and our own olive oil to it. (It didn't have much flavor) In the medium size white bowl is the salsa I described above. On the white paper plate (who did that!?) are puffed Phyllo Dough pastry with lump crab on it. That was the least favorite of everything made because the crab got a little dry in the oven. But I ate several anyway!



And the final presentation: Would my man be Chopped? I DON'T THINK SO! And here you have the chicken, fries and salsa.

Stay tuned for my next subject which you will hate me for...my clothes are too big for me. Have a great day!

2 comments: